Every time I start to cook Nathan starts yelling, "help, help, chair, help." and starts to push the chair from the table into the kitchen. He climbs up and proceeds to open the drawer and pulls out spoons and measuring cups and takes fruit from the basket. Then he'll dip his spoon into the flour mixture I'm creating and say "Mmm." I doubt it could be good, but he just thinks it's all so fun.
Today I was making Oreo Balls for Christmas and of course Nathan wanted to help. I let him put the cookies into the blender and push the buttons. I did give him a 1/2 cookie before we started, but you could tell with each cookie he picked up, he thought about eating it. He had to separate each cookie before it could go into the blender.

So very cute that he helps you! I can't wait for that stage!
ReplyDeleteIt's fun in a way, but if you're in a hurry it's hard to be patient. But I guess that's all about what being a mother is - being patient and teaching them things! He LOVES it. It's just hard if you have to cook something (on the stove) or cut something, then it's too dangerous for him to be around and he gets upset that he's "not invited"
ReplyDelete