Monday, December 21, 2009

Recognition

Nathan's little mind amazes me every day! Because we are working on shapes, colors, numbers, and the alphabet, he is starting to really enjoy finding these things in his every day environment!

The other day he was getting into his booster seat and he saw the warning label on the side. Well there was a shape as pictured above on the warning label and he was so proud to announce it was a triangle. I was very proud as well and ran up to give him a big hug.

The next day when he was getting into his booster again, he found the triangle and just as excitedly as the day before, announced that it was a triangle. Then HE ran over to ME and gave a hug while saying, "Give hug!"

I just love this kid!!

This next part blows my mind. He knows over half the alphabet by sight, but the other day he was saying the word "WATER" and then told me "W". Then later in the day he said that the cow was "WHITE" and then said "W". So somehow he is realizing those words start with W. Pretty cool huh? I think Super Why and Word World along with what I'm doing to teach him are all really helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment