Monday, December 21, 2009

He loves his BABY


Nathan insists that Tyler's name is baby. Whenever we say, "His name is Tyler." He says, "No......BABY!"

Sometimes Nathan gets upset when I pick up Tyler because he wants to be held instead. But whenever I go to lie Tyler back down, he gets upset again and says, "No, No, Baby!!" Because he wants him to stay out in the main living area. Or when he realizes that Tyler's not out with us anymore he says, "Where baby?"

Whenever he talks to "the baby" he gets right up in his face and talks in the most shrill, squeaky voice ever. Repeating "baby, baby" over and over. It hurts my ears. I'm thinking he's doing this because the baby is cute, so he needs a 'cute' voice.

He'll get one inch away from his face and say "Give kisses" in a whisper and kiss him on the cheek. It's like he's warning Tyler what he is going to do.

He laughs at the things Tyler does (which isn't much at this point since he's only 7 1/2 wks old). But when he happens to bat at or kick a toy on his overhead play gym, Nathan thinks it's pretty funny. Or when Tyler is moving his arms all around and happens to brush up against Nathan, he'll laugh and exclaim, "Touch me.....tickles."

1 comment:

  1. I love how aware he is of Tyler and whether or not he is in the room. It is so very interesting how their little minds work.

    ReplyDelete