
We have been practicing shapes, colors, numbers, and the alphabet and Nathan is doing a fabulous job! He seems to have a wonderful memory and a strong desire for learning. Well sometimes he gets things mixed up a little bit!! But I love the connection his mind makes with things.
The other day I was changing his diaper and he'll normally say, "Owie!" I think it's because the baby wipe is cold and it's 'uncomfortable.' This was our conversation that followed.
Mom: "Is it cold?"
Nathan: (with a look of excitment on his face) "Yeeeah, TRIANGLE!"
Mom: "Triangle?"
Nathan: "Yeah, triangle!"
Well after thinking for a few minutes, I realized he was confusing his words. When he said triangle, he really meant popsicle (I freeze juice for him for a treat). So he was making the connection that the baby wipe was cold just like a popsicle (or in his case, a triangle) is. I thought that was pretty cute of him!
He likes to be difficult and he knows he's saying the wrong thing. Such as when we clean him up after mealtime and the washcloth is hot. He'll say "Hot!' and then start to say "No, is cold" over and over and laugh about it because he knows he's not saying the right thing. He will do the same thing when it comes to Mommy and Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment