I have heard that children as young as 2 and 3 don't really have sympathy or understand what hurting someone else really means. I don't think that's true. I feel like Nathan has a great understanding of it. Not that it makes him behave all the time though. Here are a few cute things he has done lately.

This is a toothbrush that Tyler got in his stocking. Nathan was analyzing it for a long time and then said "Bear, owie?". The only thing I can think that he would be referring to is that the toothbrush is going through Pooh's body. Sad, but very observant.

This is from one of his favorite books. Today while we were reading it, he said, "Uh oh, owie? Daddy eat?" This makes me laugh because, yes, it does look like the daddy is going to "eat" the baby's toes. How does he come up with this stuff? I don't know that he totally grasps it all, but it's sure interesting to try to figure out how his mind is working.
Seems like he tends to see the negative side to things with these two examples, but he is into saying OWIE all the time lately!!
I think Ben knows when he hurts others. That is so cute that he saw the toothbrush as a torture tool to pooh. Interesting. Same with the toes, Very cute though. I love the little things like that and make me giggle.
ReplyDelete